Tuition Policy - effective September 1st, 2017
We like to make our tuition payment system as simple as possible, and after research and feedback from parents and students we have decided to update our tuition payment system to a monthly tuition policy. This system will allow you to plan ahead for your invoice each month knowing exactly what you will owe with no surprises! We have calculated the average number of lessons a family takes in the year and have averaged your lesson cost over the course of a year so that you can better plan ahead for your expenses each month with a flat rate tuition.
- Tuition is paid as a flat rate every month. Current rates are available on the school’s website or by calling the office, and will not change without notification.
- For students in more rural areas, there may be a travel fee of $40 added to your monthly tuition. Any families who fall into this category will be notified prior to enrollment.
books and materials
- Materials identified as necessary by your AWSOM teacher will be added to your tuition payments. These may include record books, lesson books, reeds, etc. Materials are ordered in a timely manner to ensure smooth progression and are charged at cost.
- If you need to cancel a lesson, contact your teacher ASAP.
- We have calculated the average number of lessons a family takes in the course of a year, and the new monthly tuition is priced lower than our current non-tuition fees to accommodate for student cancellations during the course of the year.
- If your child is too sick to be at school on a music lesson day, we ask that you cancel the lesson out of respect for the health of your teacher and their other students.
- Our promise to you is that our teachers work hard to limit their cancellations and will do their best to reschedule lessons that they do cancel at a mutually convenient time.
- If a canceled lesson is not made up by the teacher, a tuition credit will be applied to future tuition payments. If you do not have a tuition payment scheduled for the near future, a refund check may be disbursed upon request (this applies for teacher cancellations only).
- If you must cancel a rescheduled lesson, the lesson is forfeited.
AWSOM holidays are built-in days off for you and your teacher, and are listed below. Tuition does not change during months that include an official school holiday, and there are no credits or refunds for these days. When calculating your tuition rates, these dates were taken into account.
• Labor Day weekend
• Thanksgiving: Thursday and Friday
• Winter Break: December 24th through January 1st
• 4th of July
In the event of extreme/inclement weather, teachers may need to cancel lessons in order to stay safe. If your teacher cancels a lesson due to extreme weather, your teacher will be required to make up the lesson. If you are not able to find a mutually convenient time to schedule the make-up lesson by the end of the semester, you will receive a credit for that lesson.
SUMMER LESSON POLICY
We understand that during the summer, exciting vacations are planned, summer camps and visitors from out of town make for a memorable July and August! We also understand that our teachers need to maintain a steady flow of students through the summer to meet their own financial obligations. As such we offer our Summer Lesson Policy with an alternative system to our regular tuition policy for the months of July and August, click the link to find out more.
DISCONTUINING LESSONS/TAKING A BREAK
You may discontinue lessons at any time by submitting a withdrawal form to the school by the 21st of that month to avoid being charged for the following month.
To re-enroll in lessons please visit send us a message using the below form and we will be happy to get you set up again bypassing the normal enrollment form.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us. We'd love to answer your questions.